Tuesday, July 16, 2013

TOP TEN REASONS WHY MAGNA CARTA HOLY GRAIL IS...

http://www.monstermixtapes.net/img/temp/Jay-Z_-_Magna_Carta_Holy_Grail.png      http://hypetrak.com/images/2013/07/jay-z-magna-carta-holy-grail-full-album-stream-3.jpg     http://www.monstermixtapes.net/img/temp/Jay-Z_-_Magna_Carta_Holy_Grail.png 

In the words of 2Pac "fu*% Jay Z". Now if I was just to leave it at that then I would be a big ole hater, and truth be told I liked some of scrams music i.e 'Reasonable Doubt', and 'Blue Print'. So I have to back up what I write and think with hip hop facts (not quantifiable, or logical facts) - but hip hop facts. So let's go; here's our top 10 reasons why MCHG aint worth your time or hard earned money.

  • The album sounds rushed as he struggles to keep up lyrically. Its a young man's game now and Jay's braggadocios, look how  much more money I got, style falls short. (Funny cause the hottest rappers do the same ish). 
  • No cohesiveness to the album. It sounds like a bunch of singles sewn together from a rich celebrity's thread. Tracks like FuckwithmeyouknowIgotit with Ricky Ross, and Tom Ford are club bangers; discussing how rich two black men are (even though the context is ambiguous as a lesbian dressed in drag). *I like the 'I don't pop molly I wear Tom Ford' line cause I'm drug free and the young dudes coming up need to stay away from drugs that make you have sex with both men, women, children, animals, etc - that's so wrong on so many levels. Then you have songs like SomewhereinAmerica that should be on a damn free mix tape. Twerk, Miley, twerk?? What the fuck was on your mind homie??? (For the record Miley Cyrus is not and never will be popping in the hood).
  • The beats are suspect. There are a few stand outs in my opinion; like F.U.T.W, Picasso Baby, and La Familia (even though some white boy from Hot97 name Rosenburg hated the latter - I guess he knows his shit???). Those beats bring that gritty NY edge back. Beats for Bbc, and Crown ehhh not so much.
  • That esoteric, I am a god, Freemason, Illuminati shit is over the top now. If you wanted to fool black people keep it overt. But on Heaven when you say 'I'm secular tell the heckler settle down, your religion cause division like my Maybach partition' we get the picture dude. You don't believe in The Most High God and would rather sacrifice a baby to a hermaphrodite goat god name baphomet - that's your business buddy, just don't expect us to follow. You on your own with that bro. So what do you believe in; self and money from what I'm hearing. (Psalms 53:1 for us poor folk).
  • The marketing effort was way more superior than the overall album. For that reason people feel duped. Just ask my dude from World Star he'll tell you like it is; 'that shit light'...lmbao.
  • His selection of tracks for the final cut was probably overseen by him and a few close friends who dare not disagree with J so as a result we the listeners, and some of you fan(atic)s, are left with this overly hyped compost pile.
  • What's up with the art work??? Okay I feel you, you're in an art phase as can be clearly seen and heard with references to Picasso and Basquait. Abstract or yearning to be accepted by the elite and to show the hood he's now there? How can the urban youth connect?
  • The name is a throw off. How many niggas and ratchet hoes (not conscious so-called black and Hispanic people) can explain to each other or their nigglet chillun what the Magna Carta is and how it relates to their legacy and generation? What's that, J is teaching them history or its a play on words...righhhhht uh-huh.
  • Personally I liked the old Jay Z flow. At times he switches up in order to sound relevant and fails miserably. Explain the huh...huh...huh every two or three bars. But, I was rudely told to go buy the old albums. Can't fight that one. I need to evolve and change with him. I'm sorry I aint buying that. If I want to evolve I'll listen to the younger somewhat conscious and talented artists like a J Cole (signed to his Roc label by the way).
  • Drum roll please; MCHG was a so-so decent album but coming from Hova it was sub par at best. Damn sure wasn't a Blueprint or Black Album. If you want that you gotta go cop them or download them for FREE.
 And by the way 1 million copies copped by Samsung before the album hit mainstream outlets like iTunes, and so on does not count. That's akin to me writing a book and buying a million copies myself. Technology has changed the  rules no questions about it, but at what cost. We know it is becoming increasingly harder and harder to go platinum compared to a few years ago (back in the day young scrappy). Fast forward to now and everybody and their mamma can download the ish for FREEEEEE, so what do you do? Come up with a crazy marketing plan. The problem arises when Mr Carter's marketing campaign was well thought of and executed than the damn music itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment